Bedford, NH

what is the risk of having severe cervical spinal stenosis myelopathy? there is almost no csf around t3/t4&6 due to narrowing from the disks and steno

Dr. Olav Jaren
Neurology 19 years experience
Myelopathy: Are you sure it is T3, (liothyronine) 4, 6? Not C3, 4, 6? T refers to thoracic. If there is little CSF around the cord, you already have spinal stenosis. The risk of myelopathy depends on how much CSF is there, what the discs look like. If you have any symptoms of myelopathy, then perhaps the diagnosis is already made. Based on your MRI it sounds as if there is thoracic spinal stenosis, but not myelopath
Dr. Sewa Legha
Medical Oncology 50 years experience
Increasing neurologi: Compression of the spinal cord can occur due to spinal stenosis. which will often cause pain in the back and or in the legs. This can further progress to muscle weakness, weaker legs and paralysis if not treated in time. You need to see a neurologist or a neurosurgeon to guide you in further managing this problem..
Dr. Stephen Gollomp
Neurology 45 years experience
It depends: As another doctor pointed out, the "T" designation refers to the thoracic spine and you are indicating you have cervical canal stenosis. Therefore, I wonder if you really mean "C" when you indicate "T". Nonetheless, myelopathy is a clinical syndrome that is frequently due to spinal stenosis at whatever level, but the lack CSF around the spinal cord at a level does NOT necessarily imply myelopathy.