Durham, NH

a year ago i had a severe tooth abscess. then a year later i had 2 bouts of cellulitis 3 months apart from eachother in leg. why the weird infections?

Dr. Edison Han
Dentistry 20 years experience
Have annual physical: Problems don't get better unless you are in charge of resolving them. When was last time you have seen your doctor or dentist prior to these infections? I recommend annual comprehensive physical exam with your medical doctor and see your dentist every 6 months. I think having healthy smile, healthy body, healthy mind are the keys to one's success in life.
Dr. David Satloff
Pain Management 40 years experience
Not sure: I am not sure, but if the tooth abscess was not properly resolved, the residual pathogens in the bone may have been involved. Typically unresolved infection does not affect or drain to the leg. Mandibular infections do drain to the lymph nodes and breast. There, is however, a commonality of pathogens in the body, potentially affecting both the tooth and a focus in the leg.
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dentistry 43 years experience
Have you been back to the dentist since your abscess was treated to be evaluated for other problems? If yes, great and if no, make an appointment ASAP to do so!
Aug 17, 2014
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
More info needed...: How was the tooth abscess treated... extraction or root canal therapy? Any other medical conditions or medications? The dental infection should not have spread to your leg, especially a year later. A complete physical with blood work is in order.