Atlanta, GA

i have a boil under my arm. its open and leak green stuff?

Dr. Robert Sterling
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
U mean leaks money??: That makes you your own personal ATM machine! Hey, best to have that looked at, unless it's real small and the leaking stops and the boil starts shrinking. Unlikely, though. Wash it with soap and water and put something over it to catch the green stuff, DON'T SQUEEZE IT, and get thee to a doctor. The under-arm is a very sensitive spot and these things tend to recur there--best to nip it now
Dr. Dan Fisher
Sounds good.: Usually once a boil drains it is on its way to healing. As long as it is improving, moist heat and some pain control is all that is necessary. If it is not healing or becomes worse despite draining it is time to seek care.