Walnut Creek, CA

when i see a dr. and tell them im taking clonaz/pax they're all like omg no why?! will i die much sooner bc of meds? seeing psych - why the same react

Dr. Anthony Vita
Specializes in Psychiatry
Hard to Say: I assume you are talking about clonazepam and paroxetine. Clonazepam should generally be limited to 4-6 weeks of use but many patients take it longer. There is an almost automatic negative reaction to benzodiazepines due to their addictive potential. Doses of the medicine could be too high or you may have been on them for an extended period, although the regimen may be very appropriate. Best.