my cat has got fleas, they bite me 50 time, and i obverse 2 fleas on my leg... an i detect infections or diseases? what should i do? thanks a lot

Dr. Irving Harper
Collar the cat: The fleas put you at risk of various diseases. Commonly, you can develop a localized skin infection where you have been bitten. Also an allergic dermatitis because of the repeated bites can develop into a full blown allergy to the point of generalized allergy symptoms. Not common, but you risk potentially serious diseases, ricktessia and Bordetella.Tx cat/sanitize house,personal belongings.
Answered on Mar 13, 2020
1