Burleson, TX

i just had a laparoscopy done yesterday and they removed patches of endometriosis . it's hard to pee and i cannot have a bowel movement.

Dr. Keshab Paudel
Depends: If you are able to eat and no belly pain, then this could be due to the effects of medication that was given to you during surgical procedure, but if you can't pee at all or started having vomiting, then you need to contact your doctor ASAP or go to the ED.
Dr. Stephen Southard
Talk with your doc: This is important to review with your doctor as constipation and urinary retention(the inability to urinate) are common after surgeries, particular if you are taking certain antinausea medications and analgesia(pain control) medications. Don't let this get to the point where more serious issues could develop, and make sure you come up with a plan with your surgeon/primary care.