U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old member asked:

The heel of my foot hurts, what can i do?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mathew John
Podiatry 23 years experience
Stretch: Often heel pain is due to plantar fascitis and stretching of the calf and achilles along with proper supportive shoes and inserts or orthotics can help. If your heel pain persist too long you need to be evaluated for possible other reasons for your heel pain such as nerve problems, bone tumors, or stress fracture.
Dr. Arnold Beresh
Podiatry 41 years experience
Several things: You can try using ice ofr 30 min. 3 rimes daily, try otc alleve if no allergies & try stretching and otc orthotics. As long as there has been no trauma. If you have had an injury then see a doctor immediately.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership

Similar questions

A 46-year-old member asked:

What can I do if the heel of my foot hurts when I walk?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 31 years experience
See Podiatrist: If this is a persistent symptom. You can try rest, ice/heat and more supportive shoes and inserts.
Last updated Oct 30, 2012

People also asked

Related topics

Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.