MD

I have had excessive bleeding, frequent urination, gas & bloating and doctor found a complex cyst on my left ovary. my ca 125 measured at a 4.1. ?

Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Worrisome: The complex cyst is worrisome and needs to be addressed. Not all ovarian cancers produce ca 125 and ca 125 can be raised by endometriosis, pelvic infections, other cancers, colitis, or even ovulation. It is good for following cancer's response to therapy if the cancer is one of the ones that produce it but not very helpful in diagnosis especially in a premenopausal patient.

Last updated Aug 11, 2014