Madisonville, TN

My temperature is 98.8f and i have a little red ring around the iris of my eye. is this ebola?

Dr. David Houghton
Specializes in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Not likely: Ebola produces fever. Your temp is normal. Red around the iris could be iritis or uveitis, which can be serious. You should see a doctor for an eye exam.
Dr. Leila Hashemi
God no: Hi, it is possible that you have subconjunctival hemorrhage , also 98.8 is not fever, relax, there is no case of Ebola in USA. The most common symptoms of Ebola is fever,headache, diarrhea, vomiting, weakness and joint pain. I've attached a pic of Subconjuctival hemorrhage, if your redness looks like that then don't worry, it will go away by itself otherwise see a doctor for red eye.
Dr. Cynthia Archer
If your tee is painful ans sensitive to light you could have an inflammatory problem with your eye called iritis. If it persists or your vision becomes blurred, you have pain, go to your local ER for an exam. These kinds of eye conditions need to be treated to avoid complications. But hopefully it's something simple like allergies or a sub conjunctival hemorrhage both are common.
Aug 7, 2014
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Sorry that should read if your eye...
Aug 7, 2014
Dr. Stephen Southard
No: Ebola is severe acute viral illness marked fever, malaise muscle pain, headaches and sore throat. It can further be complicated by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, rash, and bleeding.

Last updated Sep 9, 2016