I am 25 no smoking, high BP, diabetes or cholesterol but both parents had strokes in there 60's could I get one or would my chances be later in life ?

Dr. Eric Kelts
24 years experience in Neurology
Preventive Measures: Given such a strong family history of stroke, it is very smart of you to be thinking about it now. The best steps you can take are preventive--exercise regularly, keep track of blood pressure, eat a reasonable diet, sleep 7-8 hours a night. Some patients will take Omega-3 fatty acids and Co-Q10 to help mitigate risk. Aspirin could be used, but discuss with your doctor. Stay Healthy!
Answered on Nov 28, 2017