KY

hx of uti's currently battling a severe infection. two days of antibiotics- now having nausea low back pain bone pain and fatigue- kidney infection?

Dr. Janet Roberto
UTI, worse: Possibly could be in Kidney. DO you have a fever? If so You want to be checked, especially if progressive nausea, vomiting, fever, chills
Dr. Carrie Cannon
Yes, could be.: Could be symptoms of a kidney infection. Please return to your physician. With a history of recurrent UTI's, you need a culture with sensitivities done off antibiotics and a change to an antibiotic that treats Pyelonephritis like Ciprofloxacin. Please return to your physician. If high fever, vomiting, to ER. Sorry you feel bad.
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Uti: If you had symptoms of UTI for more than 3 or 4 days before you started your antibiotic, then the likelihood of a kidney infection is high. MacroBID is a slow-to-work antibiotic, also. You mention "severe" infection, so I wonder what you mean, also. Given the increase in your symptoms, I suspect you do have a kidney infection. I recommend you get checked, as MacroBID may not be sufficient.
Dr. Mark Roberto
Preventive Medicine 41 years experience
Kidney or Sepsis: You could simply be having a reaction to the AB. Pyelonephritis (Kidney) is usually assoc w/ severe flank (not low back) pain, high fever, as well as cloudy or even bloody urine. Occasionally, bacteria get to the bloodstream and cause fever, malaise, weakness, aches and generalized symptoms w/o localizing in the kidney. Call the Doctor who saw you! He/she needs to know!