GYN-I have simple ovarian cyst and sm fibroids. Severe pelvic/rectal pain. Why is my GYN testing CA-125 if the test is not conclusive detecting CANCER?

Dr. Gerard Honore
28 years experience in Fertility Medicine
I agree with you: I agree 100% that I do not understand why you are getting CA-125 tested, by itself it is not a reliable screen for anything, actually. But I am commenting online, and the doctor who knows you and your medical situation may have an answer for you. You owe it to yourself - and to that doctor - to ask him/her this question. Best wishes.
Answered on Feb 6, 2016
1