Ethiopia

I took planb 5 months ago, got 4 pperiods, got a neg blood testmy period this time is black and i'm getting allergies. what could be the cause?

Dr. Moshe Dekel
Gynecology 47 years experience
Leaky Gut Syndrome: There is no connection between your periods and allergies. Allergies can be related to food, environmental allergens, chemicals etc. You can do a blood testing to see what you are allergic to, and remove your exposure to it/them. Research "leaky Gut Syndrome" which is the main cause for allergies, and use holistic approach to repair it.
Dr. Marc Serota
Dr. Marc Serota commented
Dermatology 14 years experience
Stating "leaky gut syndrome" as the main cause for allergies is in no way proven (or true). Neither this statement nor the use of a holistic approach is recommended by either the American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology nor the American College of Allergy and Immunology. Seeing an allergist that uses scientifically proven methods to diagnose and treat allergies is my recommendation.
Aug 3, 2014
Dr. Moshe Dekel
Dr. Moshe Dekel commented
Gynecology 47 years experience
Provided original answer
If you bothered to research the large volume of literature about the connection between Leaky Gut and Allergies, you would not be so fast in denying it. Let me help you with this link... http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/could-leaky-gut-be-troubling-you. It is about time that conventional medicine looks at the cause of disease and fixing it, instead of just treating symptoms with medications....
Aug 17, 2014
Dr. Marc Serota
Dermatology 14 years experience
Best to see a doctor: It is very unlikely these symptoms are related to plan B (this is a higher than normal dose of birth control to prevent implantation of a fertilized egg). The blood of your menses being black indicates older/oxidized blood and is best evaluated by an OB/Gyn. Allergies would not be associated with this symptom and are likely unrelated.

Last updated Dec 30, 2014