Syracuse, NY

Can they make my eyes even again,because they haven't been even with each other i think sense childhood. i may be having surgery for the silent sinus ?

Dr. Sandra Lora Cremers
Ophthalmology 25 years experience
Vision: If an eye is not correctable to 20/20 in a young child with no other eye problems, it is due to amblyopia (the brain never developed a proper visual pathway from eye). This is not reversible. If the vision is correctable to 20/20 with glasses, refractive surgery can help restore vision to 20/20 without need for further glasses in most cases.
Dr. Taylor Pollei
Facial Plastic Surgery 12 years experience
Difficult: I think what you are referring to is ocular dystopia that results from silent sinus syndrome. It can be correctible with surgery that involves the placement of an implant such as bone into the bony orbit. Surgery to widen the natural sinus opening will not cause the now formed bones to "elevate" back to their native position.

Last updated Aug 1, 2014