Denton, TX

i have a kidney stone. only a little pain that comes and goes but i haven't passed it and it's been 5 days. i have not been anywhere else besides e.r.

Dr. Richard Amerling
Nephrology and Dialysis 40 years experience
Needs evaluation: Kidney stones generally do not cause symptoms, unless they are "passing" down the ureter. They can sit for years. You should have evaluation by urologist or nephrologist experienced dealing with stones. Urine studies can be helpful in preventing new stone formation.
Dr. Rex Mahnensmith
Kidney stone: You may not pass a stone easily; knowing the size of stone matters; stones bigger than 1 cm will not pass easily; stones smaller than 5 mm can pass; force fluids 4-5 liters per day; take 5 tablespns ReaLemon extract; minimize meats for now; if you know size, and stone is more than 1 cm, see urologist soon