what can i do to protect my baby from second-hand smoke in our house?

Dr. Jane Lande
Specializes in Pediatrics
Do not allow it: Do not allow any second hand smoke in the house.
Dr. Douglas Tzanetos
Allergy and Immunology 19 years experience
Do not smoke: Smoke exposure in children causes a 2-fold increase in respiratory infections (ear infections, sinus infections, colds, bronchitis, and pneumonia). So, the best measure is for no family members to smoke. Short of that, you should never smoke in the home or car and wear a jacket when smoking that you take off when entering the house. Talk with you doctor about proven ways to help stop smoking.