drs always think i have tonsillitis because my tonsils are permenatly huge! i have to tell them i have no pain it's my normal size is this bad theirbig?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Farhad Sigari
20 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
No : If they are large but dont cause problems you can leave them alone
Answered on Jul 27, 2014
1
Dr. Tyra Harris
Normal variant: Hello. As a 23 year old person with a history of allergies, it is not unusual to have large tonsils. If you have no pain or other symptoms, there is nothing to do. Everyone's body is different. Just inform your doctors that it is normal for you. If they cause trouble breathing or snoring, especially during sleep, see your regular doctor for options.
Answered on Jul 27, 2014
1