Dixon, IL

small lump on my gum, has filed with puss a few times. not painful but bleeds if i touch it and everytime i brush teeth. had 2/3 months?

Dr. Susan Arnoult
Get checked: See your dentist or an ENT to have this checked - it may need to be removed or biopsied.
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Fistula: A draining abscess, could be from a necrotic nerve, could be from periodontal disease. Either way, the sooner a local dentist treats it the better the chances are of saving that tooth. High blood pressure and diabetes are not painful health issues, but they can kill you if left untreated. Pain should not dictate need for care. Call for an appointment.
Dr. Joseph Wineman
Dentistry 40 years experience
Draining fistula: You describe what may be a draining fistula. When a tooth has an infection at the tip of the root, the pus can work itself out the path of least resistance, usually the cheek side of the jaw. Consider it like a pressure relief valve--pus builds up, it looks like a zit, you pop it, it bleeds and heals then repeats. Please visit your dentist for an exam and X-ray. A root canal is probably needed.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
See your dentist: Dental fistula also called a gum abscess. If an abscess is not treated, the infection can last for months or even years. It will not go away on its own, so it's important not to ignore the symptoms and see your dentist for exam, x-s and treatment.