i have a nondisplaced fracture of the 4th metacarpal of my non-dominant hand. a small cast was placed. after 3 wks, it is still very painful. wnl?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Bradford Romans
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Have u been: using it at all?Let ur doc know about the persistent pain.
Answered on Jul 26, 2014
1
Dr. Cynthia Archer
Yes, most likely: Hand fractures are generally quite painful, but you are getting to the point where that pain should begin to diminish. Older adult women who are post menopausal do tend to heal more slowly, so be certain you are taking vitamin D, at least 2000 units a day, vitamin C, magnesium oxide and a good multivitamin. Talk with your doctor about medication for pain and follow up as planned. Heal up soon!
Answered on Jul 26, 2014
1