what do you suggest if my dad has alcoholic liver disease, hes currently in the hospital?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Suggest about what?: If he is in the hospital, he should be seen by a liver expert to determine if it can be treated and he needs rehab as well. It is critical that he not drink again, but there are limits to what you can do for your father. I would strongly urge you to find a good Alanon meeting (you can look up local groups online) where they can help you deal with your reactions to your father's alcohol abuse
Answered on Apr 6, 2018