U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 39-year-old member asked:

What do you suggest if my private itches what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Robert Varady
A US doctor answeredLearn more
Several possibilitie: Could be lots of things. Possibly a tinea, (fungus) infection, possibly a reaction to something, possibly a bacterial infection. To start keep the area clean and dry. An antihistamine would help the itch, (both oral and topicals are available)

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 11, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.