what do you suggest if my mate told me last year that she had breast cancer. a few months ago she said she had the all clear. can you get breast cancer but not?

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 64 years experience
Always check: It is well recognzied that most tumors arise in a field effect and when the lesion is completely removed there is always a potential for a new lesion to occur. With 3D high resolution mammo, one can detect the earliest lsion and recurrence that can be removed locally. The incidence of a new primary after treating a breast cancer successfully is 1% per year for at least 15 yrs.