U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
New York, NY
A 22-year-old female asked:

I've had a red, dry, flaky eyelid for almost 5 months now. what might this be? not sure if i should i see a dermatologist or an ophthalmologist.

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Eczema: Your family doctor can diagnose and treat this. If you would prefer a specialist then your Dermatologist would be the next best option.
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 29 years experience
Eyelid dermatitis is quite common, usually from old mascara or nail polish. And there are lots of treatments, sometimes you do need allergy testing if the most common causes are not yours. good luck
Jul 22, 2014

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 14, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.