is midazolam too strong of a drug to be taken for wisdom teeth extraction?

Dr. LUIS IRIZARRY
Midazolam : Pretty standard for IV sedation performed by omfs. They monitor your bp, oxygen. And respiration during surgery.
Dr. Gary Lederman
Dentistry 40 years experience
Don't self med: Versed is a strong, short acting sedative. It must be administered by a properly trained health professional in a controlled setting. That means proper monitoring of blood pressure, oxygen saturation, heart and respiratory rates, among other things. There must be equipment on hand to support breathing and manage medical emergencies. It is not intended to be self-administered.
Dr. Daniel Quon
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 42 years experience
No: Midazolam is a very commonly used drug in combination with other medications by many oral and maxillofacial surgeons for their patients. The drug is administered in incremental doses (titrated) by individuals who are trained in anesthesia to achieve the desired level of sedation.