United Kingdom (Great Britain)

Can i have plastic surgery on my fingers to remove excessive wrinkles on my knuckles?

Dr. John Munshower
Well,...: I doubt a plastic surgeon would do this as the knuckle is a place where constant flexion will eventually cause the wrinkles to return as a normal place to get lines. If you were obese and lost a lot of weight, and have excess skin in the area, that is a different story.
Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 29 years experience
we typically use fillers, but all knuckles have some wrinkles without them it could look weird
Jul 16, 2014
Dr. Gary Tuma
Facial Plastic Surgery 25 years experience
Hand wrinkles: You can have injectable fillers as well as fat grafting to the back of the hand to help with wrinkles. But there is no surgery for the knuckles. You need redundant skin over the knuckles so you can close and open your fingers.
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Plastic Surgery 41 years experience
The loss of fat in the subcutaneous tissues of the hand makes the underlying structures such as tendons and veins stand out, as well as creating hollows in other areas. Since there is also loss of skin elasticity, the skin becomes wrinkled. Fat injections are wonderful for rejuvenating the hands! Speak to a board certified plastic surgeon with fat grafting experience to discuss your options.
Jul 17, 2019

Last updated Jul 17, 2019