what can the cause of bacteremia & low immune system if nothing was found but 3 bacteria & 1 fungi in my blood caused me to go septic?

Dr. Stephen Scholand
22 years experience Infectious Disease
Blood cultures: The question I think you're asking is "what germ" caused u to become ill-- which is an open question because it sounds like 4 organisms were isolated in ur blood cultures. Blood is supposed to be sterile and although possible it's very unlikely u really had 4 organisms floating around in ur blood. This is what we call "contamination" so we may never know. If u have more info, maybe can answer this
Answered on Sep 26, 2019
1