A 16-year-old female asked about a 31-year-old female:
My friends daughter always throws up when she tries to drink tap water. why is that ?
1 doctor answer • 1 doctor weighed in
Specializes in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics
Probably not serious: If there were a problem with the stomach or intestine, vomiting would occur with other food and drink as well. If only with tap water, it's probably a taste issue. Tap water is safe in the US. In communities with high chlorination, a filter on the tap might help. If vomiting or abdominal pain occur in other situations, see a doctor.
3.9k viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Last updated Jul 11, 2014
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.