Trinidad and Tobago

My baby has omphalocele i have denied amino i am 30 . i believe my baby will be 100 percent healthy but doctors in trinidad never did the procedure. ?

Dr. David Earle
General Surgery 31 years experience
Serious condition : Omphalocele is a serious condition that requires the expertise of a skilled pediatric surgical team and pediatric intensive care unit. You should make sure these resources are available at birth to give your child the best chance of survival. Hope this helps!
Good luck: There is an association of trisomy 13 & 18 along with several named syndromes with omphalocele.It can also occur in otherwise normal infants. It would be poor practice not to offer you more information if that would make a difference in your decision to finish the pregnancy. Be aware that this diagnosis requires advanced level nursery and surgical care and that should be planned prior to delivery.

Last updated Jul 9, 2014