my chest x-ray showed i have scoliosis but my dr doesnt know the angle of curve. he referred me to see a surgeon am i going to need surgery im only 19?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Joseph Gutman
Well...: The specialist, with specific X-rays will be able to determine the best course of action including surgery if needed. No need to panic. At 19 the surgery is more effective than at an older age
Answered on Jan 29, 2015
1
Dr. Ronald Holzman
46 years experience Mammography, Breast Ultrasound
See below. : Scoliosis angle can be easily measured off radiographic studies. Ask your doc to ask the radiologist who interpreted the film to measure the degree of curvature of the spine. Surgery will depend upon many factors which can be discussed at time of your referral. Surgeon will also be able to measure the angle of scoliosis.
Answered on Jul 16, 2014