Croatia

I have taken doxycycline for around 12 days, but can no longer take it without the need/feeling of throwing up. stop taking them for acne?

Dr. Edgar Mendizabal
Not for you: Nausea will get worse
Dr. Gloria Lopez
Don't stop (yet): Doxycycline is very effective for acne, as long as the P. acne bacteria is not resistant. If you can't tolerate it on an empty stomach, try taking it with your main meal (it will work fine), if you don't mix it with dairy products. You may also take a probiotic morning and night for the duration of your treatment to help preserve your intestinal flora. I hope this helps.