U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Seattle, WA
A 18-year-old female asked about a female:

after getting glasses for my sight problem(astigmatism & hyperopia.things got worse whenever i take off the glasses.stress when seeing a moving object?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Warren Wolfe
Family Medicine 58 years experience
Need more info: I think you need to see an ophthalmologist to first make sure your glasses are made to the right prescription and secondly to make sure there is nothing wrong with you eyes to begin with and to verify the conditions you are complaining about. It's also possible your hypothyroidism may play a role.
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Return for followup: If it is not beginning to improve, return for a followup and let them measure your vision again - mistakes at the lab might be made and corrected. Also, it can take some time for a new Rx to feel right - and it's yet another adjustment for those suffering eye muscles when you take the glasses off. A small thing for your hand, but a big thing for them! (Same again for adjustments to moving things)

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A member asked:

Can stress cause my breast milk to dry up?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Sharon Gilliland
Pediatrics 36 years experience
Yes: Major stress can certainly diminish breastmilk supply. However, there are things that can be done to counteract the effects of major stress. Drink tons of water (or other non-caffeinated clear liquid) and use fenugreek, an herbal preparation which helps increase milk supply. Dealing with the stress, itself, will also help -- for instance, counseling, yoga and relaxation exercises.
A 45-year-old member asked:

Does stress have an impact on pregnancy?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. George Kingsley III
Obstetrics and Gynecology 31 years experience
Usually Not: Stress - both physical and emotional - creates physiologic changes. Mildly elevated heart rate, respiratory rate , and blood pressure can last a few minutes or hours. Additional stress can exacerbate pre-existing conditions such as chronic hypertension. Most studies show no increase in poor pregnancy outcomes due to stress.
A 36-year-old member asked:

Is it true that emotional stress can cause a miscarriage?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Specializes in Gynecology
No: There's no data to suggest that emotional stress increases miscarriage rate. Many women are stressed at various times, and when a stressed woman miscarries she tends to think it was because of the stress - but there isn't any data to confirm this as a cause. There is really nothing a woman can do or not do to cause a miscarriage, short of taking a pill for medical abortion.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 29-year-old member asked:

Can raynaud's syndrome caused by emotional stress?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bradley Thomas
Vascular Surgery 19 years experience
It can trigger it: Environmental triggers such as exposure to cold is more common. However, stress can also be a trigger and lead to the symptoms of reynauds. If your symptoms are bothering you significantly you should be seen by your doctor. Vascular surgeons, rheumatologists, and many primary care doctors can help you deal with this disorder.

Related questions

A 42-year-old member asked:
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 48-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
A 31-year-old member asked:
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Oct 9, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.