United Kingdom

i had an chest x-ray and i have scoliosis! could this be related to breathlessness i have been experiencing and how is scoliosis treated?

Hard to say: Scoliosis varies from very little to quite a bit.It is usually only those with a lot that would have breathing issues (irregular shape of rib cage). Scoliosis treatment varies from none at all to surgery for the worst cases.At 19 you are unlikely to worsen (worsens during rapid growth) Discuss the finding with your doc.It is likely just a finding of little importance.