Richardson, TX

i'm schizoaffective, went psychotic on abilify (aripiprazole) two years ago and have bad thoughts all the time. is it possible that some people never get better?

Dr. Mara Fiorentino
Schizoaffective : Disorder is a condition characterized by ups and downs of mood, and psychotic symptoms accompanying those mood changes. It may be difficult to treat, but it is always possible to improve mood and behavior with some extra effort, from your therapist, your psychiatrist and you. Don't give up !
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Sure, it's possible: But it's also possible to do well. I hope that's the way you move ahead. Since you had a problematic reaction to a medication, please consider psychotherapy. CBT therapists experienced w/ your issues can really help you deal w/ intrusive thoughts. Also, Mindfulness Meditation is a great way to master your attention to thoughts without being bullied by them. I wish you the best.