i suffer from male pattern baldness and considering hair transplantation.doctors in india say one shouldn't wear helmet after surgery.true? male,28 yr

43 years experience Pathology
Risk / benefit: The conventional wisdom is that the heat of a helmet may interfere with the hair taking root. I don't know whether that's true, but as a pathologist I've seen what happens to cyclists and construction workers who don't wear their helmets. Ask for how long, and it's not worth changing careers or even taking a serious risk. If you're physically fit, you look great regardless of where you have hair.
Answered on Jun 21, 2014
1
1
Dr. Alan Bauman
Dr. Alan Bauman commented
25 years experience Hair Restoration
It takes about 72 hours for the transplanted follicles to heal enough. After that, just avoid friction and you should be fine. To be 100% sure you don't do damage, wait until the scabs from the transplant flake off. At that point you are completely healed!
Jun 19, 2014