sore lumps on the back of throat?

Dr. Tso Chen
Dr. Tso Chen answered
Get checked out: Without seeing your throat, I recommend you to see an ENT doctor for further evaluation.

TN

I have white spots in the back of my throat and my throat a little sore , what can it be?

Dr. Michio Abe
Many possibilities: Could be tonsillar calculi (stones in your tonsils), strep or other bacterial infection causing exudate, or thrush (oral candidiasis). Something like that requires examination to know what it is.
Palo Alto, CA
A 47-year-old male asked about a 20-year-old female:

Why is the back of my throat red and sore?

Dr. Hashmat Rajput
Sore throat: It is the start of sore throat. The reasons can be allergy, irritation, viral , bacterial or std. You need quick mono & strep. Test. Also you should see your doctor if you have fever , difficulty in swallowing, hoarse voice, lymph node & if you are sexually active. Wish you good health.
Norway

What is this dry spot in the back of my throat that has been there for months? My throat is not sore, and works fine, but even when I drink it is dry.

Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Any: Abnormalities of the throat for a protracted period of time should be assessed
United Kingdom

5 weeks ago I found yellowish spots at the back of my throat. my throat has been getting very dry and it has been sore rarely. should I be worried?

Dr. Pradeep Parihar
Allergy : if u r not sick then allergy is usual reason.
Romulus, MI

Lately I noticed that when I smoke a cigarette, the back of my throat feels sore. What is this?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Irritation: Irritation from smoking. Recommendation - stop smoking.

Last updated Jul 11, 2019