Laurel, MT

Im 4 weeks post op on my elbow. i'm getting pins ,needles & stabbing in my elbow and hand. is that normal? (ulnar nerve decompression)

Dr. Andrew Malinchak
Post op elbow pain: Talk to the orthopedic surgeon who did your surgery about any post op pains you are having.
Dr. Adam Lewis
Neurosurgery 35 years experience
Cubital tunnel: It is not normal to have ulnar nerve compression after elbow surgery (cubital tunnel syndrome). If the symptoms are resolving then no need for concern. If the symptoms are persistent of worsening then the surgeon who did the elbow surgery needs to see you. Use a headset when talking on the phone, avoid sleeping with the elbow bent, and avoid resting the elbow on a hard surface.

Last updated Jun 5, 2014