Dallas, TX

im 5 weeks pregnant is my baby alive?

Dr. Jeff Livingston
Doctor visit: You will need to see a doctor to have this question answered. That is not something we can answer here.

I am 5 weeks pregnant and I have tapeworm. I should I do? I want to keep my baby healthy. Can this parasite pass through to the baby?

Get treated/no: The recommended treatment for tapeworm is a med called praziquantel, which is listed as a category b drug, with no known adverse effect on fetal development. Since there is no connection between your digestive tract and the womb, the tapeworm has no way of passing to baby.
United Kingdom (Great Britain)

Hello, i took 1 hedex today before finding out im 5 weeks pregnant... Im so worried will our baby be ok?

Dr. Thalia Lopez
Pregnant and hedex: Yes your baby will be fine. While you're pregnant it is ok to take acetaminophen(tylenol). Occasionally Ibuprofen can be used but not in the 3rd trimester and only under the direction of your doctor. Congratulations!

I am 5 weeks pregnant, officially 3 when was the baby conceived? Also, i'm due roughly around december 6th if that helps..

Dr. Sabha Ganai
Surgical Oncology 20 years experience
About 3 weeks ago!: March 15th give or take is a pretty good estimate for conception date, especially if you are due on december 6th. Keep up with your regular prenatal visits!
Saudi Arabia

I m 10.5 weeks pregnant, wid all symptoms, today i feel wave like movement, is this normal? Can we call it as 1st baby movements?

Dr. Alan Patterson
No: You should not be able to feel the baby move until 18-20 weeks at the earliest, you may be having uterine cramps or it could be from the bowels, i assume you ahave already had an ultrasound, if you ahae not then you need one asap.
New York, NY

5 Weeks pregnant, can rough intercourse cause harm to my baby?

Dr. Gary-Anthony Lawson-Boucher
Anesthesiology 22 years experience
Pregnancy: Not. Unless rough means hitting you in the abdomen with a baseball bat

Last updated Jun 3, 2014