Malaysia

13 weeks pregnant and my 3 year old son is down with chicken pox. my mom said i had it when i was small. how to be sure? other measures? worried sick.

Dr. Beth Brown
Specializes in Pediatrics
Call your MD: Most women have had chickenpox in childhood and are immune. There is a blood test that can determine this. It is usually done as part of prenatal blood tests. If these tests have already been done, a call to the office will reassure you. If you have not had prenatal labs yet, they can be ordered. It is also very likely they were checked when you were pregnant with your first child.

Last updated Jun 17, 2014