how to tell if i am having a miscarriage?

Dr. Andrew Silverman
Fertility Medicine 49 years experience
Miscarriage: Usually associated with cramping, heavy bleeding and passage of tissue. See your gyn if you have the above.
Dr. Amy Deeken
Pathology 20 years experience
Need more info: It is difficult to say without more information. However, if you are concerned, it is best determined by bloodwork, examination, and evaluation by a doctor or midwife. A question like this is too important and really needs the right answer by a trained clinician.
Dr. Asha Kamnani
Bleeding and Pain: Most women with a miscarriage have bleeding and painful cramps. They will bleed heavily and pass a lot of tissue and blood clots. An ultrasound will confirm it. Blood test can also help.