I have mix SAD, GAD and PMS depression. My psy. Diagnosed me with Anxiety Disorder NOS. Is the diagnosis appropriate? And why?

Dr. Lynne Weixel
35 years experience in Clinical Psychology
Discuss w/ psy: The term may not really matter and from what you say SAD+GAD+PMS combined w/ whatever else, it sounds like a reasonable choice. The NOS must be what you're wondering about. It merely means that it is not an 'exact' fit w/ the 'specified' categories availabe in the big book. Like your meal may not be on the menu - but is a combo of a la carte items. Why do you care? Is Tx helping? Talk about it.
Answered on Sep 29, 2016