Richardson, TX

Started saphris (asenapine) april 1st, a week ago it stopped working, it was increased from 10 to 15 mgs yesterday, when will i get relief from bad thoughts?

Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine 53 years experience
It depends.: Saphris (asenapine) is an antipsychotic medication approved for Schizophrenia and Bipolar Disorder but it has been used also for severe anxiety with psychotic features and even in Major Depression with Psychotic features even if it has not been specifically approved for the last 2 conditions. With depression involved, an antidepressant along with Saphris (asenapine), combined with counseling is helpful.