i was diagnosed with bipolar disorder 5 yrs ago and given 600mg seroquel (quetiapine) xr,i have since lowered the dosag myself,can i stop taking it completely?

Dr. Amanda Itzkoff
17 years experience Psychiatry
Stop my own seroquel (quetiapine): I'm glad you sought treatment for your bipolar disorder! It is very important to discuss any changes in your med regimen with your treating doc. Even if you would like to reduce or stop a med, it's very important to discuss how to do this with your doc. If a pt w/ bipolar d/o stops meds w/o a docs supervision, her symptoms will recur. Always talk with your doc abt the right meds and doses for you.
Answered on Jul 17, 2014
2