Massapequa, NY

what could a small, itchy, and sore bump on the roof of my mouth towards the back be? my allergies have been really bad lately too, if that helps.

Dr. Joshua Davidson
Allergy and Immunology 18 years experience
Allergies vs. virus: Considering your allergies have been acting up, that sore bump could easily be an area of allergic inflammation on the soft palate. It could also be part of a mild viral infection that's affecting your throat and palate. I recommend considering allergy treatment with an antihistamine like Zyrtec, (cetirizine) while rinsing with warm salt water twice daily. Give it a week and it should be better!