what are some gift ideas for a disabled child?

Dr. Holly Maes
Many options: First , would help to know age and nature of disability. DO they like music? How mobile are they? What are their interests if they are old enough - d they like dinosaurs, Turtles, Elmo...? Time spent with them is always an excellent gift. Take them to park, museum, out for lunch if old enough. Work with their strengths - you don't but a bike for a kid with spina bifida, but art supplies are great!
Dr. Cheryl Coldwater
It depends: It depends greatly on the type of disability, age of the child, and other factors. A good idea is to ask the parent what the child enjoys. Try to make sure the gift is safe for the child's developmental level. For example, if the child regularly puts small things into her mouth, avoid those (just as you would for a toddler who does the same thing).