why do you think teenage pregnancy is such a high rate? are pediatricians addressing this?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
Disciplined: It is the job of parents and school to provide old fashioned discipline, not the pediatrician's job. It is all part of the decadence that is creeping into our culture.
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff commented
Infectious Disease 56 years experience
Actually teen pregnancy rates have fallen in the past year. It is not a question of discipline, and whether one feels that our culture is decadent is immaterial since we cannot change it. Education, in all aspects, including what it really means to raise a baby might help, to say nothing of finances. Teaching birth control is one form of preventive medicine.
May 9, 2012
Dr. J. Yusuf Erskine
Holistic Medicine 32 years experience
Teenage pregnancy rates have been trending down for decades. Healthcare and education findings cuts may halt these improvements . Knowledge and access to care are key
May 9, 2012
Inadequate parenting: I agree with Dr. Lonsdale. It is not the role of the pediatrician, school or government to teach personal values to your kids. When parents abdicate the control and responsibility for this the kids will decide what they want. We see the rates trending down now more because the kids realize pregnancy is a hassle & BC is readily available.