when i'm facing upwards (not laying on the injured side) my cheekbone and jaw hurt and send pain down my neck, why is this?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Felicia Mata
24 years experience Cosmetic Dentistry
Referred pain: It was not specified where the injured side is but I hope you already contacted your doctor.
Answered on May 21, 2014
Dr. Paul Grin
Dr. Paul Grin answered
35 years experience Pain Management
TMJ TMD: Temporo-mandibular disorder is the second most frequent cause of orofacial pain after dental pain. TMJ injury post trauma or in car accidents is a common cause of TMD. Proper diagnosis is the key for the successful treatment. See an orofacial pain practitioner for a consultation and management.
Answered on Aug 31, 2014