my son was diagnosed with leaky gut syndrome! what is that?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
72 years experience Preventive Medicine
Exactly that: Microscopic "holes" in the bowel wall permit the peptides of milk and wheat to pass into the blood and travel in the blood to the brain. This is common in autistic spectrum disorder and I have to assume that your son is within that spectrum. Ask the autism research institute in san diego for reference to a defeat autism now physician.
Answered on Nov 6, 2016
1
43 years experience Pathology
Controversial entity: Before committing Junior to any expensive course of treatment, I would get a second opinion. Leaky gut is probably real as a component of recognized entities, but after over 20 years, mainstream medicine is unconvinced. I would not accept it without clear evidence based on an absorption-of-sugars test.
Answered on Jul 27, 2015