22y/o. talking about a pacemaker for symptomatic bradycardia. it is suggested i go on a betablocker for one of my conditions, but can't because of the brady. any considerations for someone so young?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Kathleen Gilmore
26 years experience Urgent Care
Second opinion: It's apparent that you have a very complex medical condition involving an extensive cardiology and electrophisiology work up. When seeking a second opinion. I always advise that you try to be sure that you get good explanation, comprehension of the first opinion. Have someone there with you. If you are sure you understand the condition, tests, options, have the second opinion. I wish you well.
Answered on May 8, 2014
1
Dr. Darrell Herrington
Complicated: This is not easily addressed in this forum due to its complexity and my relative lack of information. If the autonomic dysfunction is prominent enough, there are many potentially difficult consequences just from that. Let me assure you that your cardiologist has considered all of these variables, and should be able to make the right decision for you. If necessary, get other expert consults.
Answered on May 8, 2014
1