my neck hurts on top of my spine and upwards to the back of my head , sometimes very severe and the last time i was nauseous?

2 doctor answers
Dr. Ronald Quam
17 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Neck pain: The sever pain and nausea are bit concerning. It probably is from arthritis, or it could be a cervical disk pressing on your spinal cord. You really need to go in to see your primary care doc and have it evaluated with x-rays to start. If you are having any neurological deficits, have loss of control of your bladder or bowels, or the pain worsens, then go to the er.
Answered on Feb 5, 2017
3
Dr. Doyle Huey
Specializes in Family Medicine
Neck hurts: This sounds like you are having a pinched nerve. There is a nerve that comes out of the spine at the top of the neck and turns up to give sensation to the scalp on the back of the head. This nerve can be pinched by the bone spurs of arthritis or disc problems. See your doctor to get it evaluated.
Answered on Aug 27, 2018
1