what to do if i have a fear of heights can i grow out of it?

Acrophobia: It is possible that you could grow out of it -especially if you have experiences with heights that go well. Also consider Cognitive Behavior, Behavioral Therapy, Psychotherapy, Exposure therapy or hypnosis.
Dr. Timothy Re
Clinical Psychology 31 years experience
Not likely: There are many phobias which have age related components but they usually need a more active or specific approach than waiting. Most people hope they'll grow out of fears but that just becomes an avoidance stratagy. Seek a treatment by a professional if you want to get over this.